Off-Grid Solar Power Systems
Standalone systems, as the name suggests, are not connected to the grid. EBR Energy offers such systems to clients who do not have access to the grid, or in cases where clients have no access to electricity for even basic utilities, like lights and fans. The power from these systems may be “DC” power for operating DC loads or “AC” power for operating AC loads. A basic block diagram of a typical off-grid system is provided below for both cases.
Off-Grid (AC) Solar Power System:
Key Features of an Off-Grid Solar System:
- It is the only option of reliable power in locations where there is no grid availability or access.
- Brings about sustainability for the end-users and makes them “self-sufficient” with respect to their energy requirements.
- This type of system would require replacement of batteries after every 2-3 years (depending upon the type of battery used).
EBR Energy has implemented and installed thousands of off-grid systems in Pakistan, mostly in village communities, for the provision of energy and for fulfilling the requirements of basic energy needs such as lights, fans, and mobile chargers. We have impacted thousands of people throughout Pakistan during the past decade and aim to expand our installation base to bring about greater sustainability.
Due to our high quality installations and renowned technology partners, we are able to implement projects with minimal or no after sales inquiries, and ensure that systems have a long service life for the greater ease of our clients.
Hybrid Solar Power Systems
Hybrid solar power systems are similar to off-grid (AC) solar power systems but have the additional feature of grid input functionality, which makes it ideal for residential and commercial clients in peri-urban/urban locations where grid access is available. Furthermore, some hybrid inverters also have an additional feature of configuring the genset (generator) with the system as well.
The “hybrid” concept of having multiple energy sources available enables the end-user to have seamless power at their end. The switching between energy sources and the utilization/mixing of the sources are both completely handled by the intelligent hybrid inverter.
Key Features of a Hybrid Solar System:
- Switching between solar/batteries/grid is done automatically without any human intervention. Priorities are set during configuration and are followed continuously during system operation.
- System sizing (PV and batteries) is more optimized due to the availability of grid.
- Compared to an off-grid (AC) system, a hybrid system will cost less due to the system being more optimized.
- The system is more reliable due to the availability of the grid.
EBR Energy has installed numerous solar hybrid systems throughout Pakistan, in the residential, commercial, and corporate sectors. Our team has hands on experience with various internationally renowned inverter manufacturers; therefore, we are confident of the success of the project, starting from the project design and moving through to the implementation, commissioning, and handover phases.
Our core engineering team have undergone numerous trainings from international manufacturers, and our product partners have helped us to further understand our solutions, so we are able deliver the right message to our customers and make them fully understand the solution before finalization. This makes our overall process of project implementation much easier as our customers are always aligned with the process flow of the project and its deliverables.
EBR ENERGY PROVIDES A COMPLETE ENERGY SOLUTION
- Monitoring and control