PV Solar & Power Design Engineer
The responsibilities of this job include (but not limited to):
- Assist with project proposals, providing the most cost-effective designs and innovative solutions for customer facilities.
- Determine projected annual energy performance based on proposed mechanical electrical layouts and power substation layouts.
- Generate power generation concepts
- Respond to technical proposal
- Design PV, Wind, Hybrid products for company’s U.S. and international customers
- Electrical schematic drawing and structural details in AutoCad
- Create PV power system performance modeling
- Specify and obtain third party quotation for required equipment
- Approve the Bills of Materials (BOM) for all projects
- Approve detailed drawings for electrical conduit runs; electrical equipment placement; solar panel layout; structural steel supports; and steel shop drawings for specific customer projects.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge requirements:
- BSEE or equivalent engineering degree (MS is preferred)
- EIT and/or PE is plus
- Expertise in PV systems (off-grid & grid-tied)
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience working in renewable energy industry
- Experience in PVWATTS and PVSYST systems
- Working knowledge of U.S. Engineering industry standards including NEC, UBC, IBC, IEEE, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- MS Excel and MS Project skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally on projects to accomplish organizational goals.
- Able to prioritize multiple, sometimes competing, priorities.
- Ability to do national and international travel is required.
Send your resume (CV) to email@example.com.