The Financial Analyst position will be responsible for a wide variety of financial analysis in supporting the Company’s business development opportunities in North America.
EBR Energy is looking for an experienced individual who has demonstrated strong financial modeling skills on topics including construction/project financings and renewable energy incentives. The ideal candidate will also have strong oral and written communication skills and a passion for learning about renewable energy projects. The position will be based in Iselin, NJ.
Principal Position Description:
- Create and maintain financial, EPC, and O&M models for project evaluation, including performing various sensitivity analyses;
- Understand the intricacies of various debt and equity financing structures, including construction and long-term project financing (term loans and tax equity);
- Support project financing negotiations, including Power Purchase Agreements, Sale Agreements, Equity/Debt Financing and Tax Equity Investments;
- Develop, build and run the financial models for multiple projects in various states of development concurrently active in the company’s portfolio;
- Understand and model detailed tax (federal, state and local) implications for projects;
- Support senior management on providing timely and accurate financial analysis for partnerships (e.g., tax equity, EPC arrangements, etc.);
- Investigate utilization of federal and state level incentives (specifically tax benefits) in financial structuring;
- Deliver timely and accurate financial components of request for proposals (RFP’s) including business & financial documents and the calculation of electricity bid prices; and
- Support and provide financial review on budgets and models used by EBR’s Business Development, Engineering and Construction Groups.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or economics. Two years of relevant experience, preferably at a major financial institution with a focus on the power and utilities industry
- Proven ability to build and run complex, detailed and accurate financial models
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel; Skilled in PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Stress-resistant team player
Send your resume (CV) to email@example.com.